Friday, April 24, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-Thon



Dewey's 24 hour Read-A-Thon is happening tomorrow, and I along with almost 1,700 other readers will be reading all day (as the name declares). There will be plenty of updates on social media so make sure to follow me on those (I'll provide at the end of the post) if you're interested. 

This is my first time every taking part in a read-a-thon, and I'm kinda curious if my attention can actually keep all the way through it. I will get off to a rocky start, I had already planned to attend the Ohioana Book Festival, so I will be getting a 2 hour break....to buy more books...

As it stands this is my current stack (you can also find it on my Goodreads account):

1.) The Greatest Traitor: The Life of Sir Roger Mortimer by Ian Mortimer (finishing)
2.) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (finishing)
3.) The Prince by Nicoolo Machiavelli (finishing)
4.) Wit's End by Karen Joy Fowler
5.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6.) Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
7.) Madam Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
8.) Wicked by Gregory Maguire (rereading)
9.) Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Not pictured: Buried Giant, which is waiting on me at the library, and Everything I never Told You, which is waiting for me at the book fair.

I doubt I'll get through all 9 in 24 hours. I'm hoping the smaller books will get me through the rough patches. I've been working on The Greatest Traitor for awhile now and I'm hoping this will give me the push to finally finish it. 

Are you taking part in the marathon? What are you reading for it?

Social Media to follow along:
Instagram
GoodReads
Hashtags:
#Readathon #Dewey
#MiniChallenge #RahRahReadathon

1 comment:

  1. So many great choices! I'm excited to hear your thoughts on many of them, which of course you already know. Happy first readathon!

    ReplyDelete