Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Princesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories from History Without the Fairy-Tale EndingsPrincesses Behaving Badly: Real Stories from History Without the Fairy-Tale Endings by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Incredibly entertaining! For anyone interested in history or just bad ass chicks this book is a fun and easy read. The brilliant narration of the book is just as entertaining as the context Linda Rodriguez McRobbie's prose is like a friend talking to you in a coffee shop about a story she heard. She's sympathetic, logical, with the right amount of sass to point out how most of these women got a bad rap from their husbands (while some did in fact earn it on their own).

While famous "rebel" royals are mentioned like Anne Boleyn and Queen Elizabeth I, the real focus is on lesser known princesses. Perhaps the most famous princess with her own chapter is Lucrezia Borgia (popular only today because of the not historically accurate television show about her family), but many virtually unknown princesses get their time in a spot lot.

With this book now read I plan to seek out further writing on a few of my choice favorites. (And while I borrowed the book from the library, I plan to add it to my personal collection.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment